nuffnang

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Virtual reality Or REALITY?

Hrm....it's late or should I say really early in the morning and waiting for the Chelsea and Barcelona game to begin. Since I am already connected to the internet why not talk about it more??

Most of us use the internet for a valid reason, maybe to look for information or etc. Same goes for me. I enjoy reading through forums and news, but I think one part of internet that makes it interesting is the availability of IM (instant messaging). No doubt about it I love to chat online but more or less I try to limit myself.

Everyone in my contact list are people I know personally either close or well just friends. Maybe there is a difference between virtual communication and real communication. I've got this friend from china whom we NEVER talked to in person, but then again when she left this country, she started talking to me via IM. Gosh i was wondering, "This person can really talk," but then again it made me wonder why can't she do that in person last time?

Hrm maybe that is just one case, well I've got plenty of other friends who can REALLY talk through the net but when I meet them in person, things seems different. Makes me wonder, is this a healthy habit? Aren't we suppose to be ourself and not hide behind a mask? I've always been myself nomatter in person or in a virtual world but mostly I've learn to adapt to the different ways people present themselves to be. So I guess I'll have to employ the "What you see me in person is what you get online" haha....well in short the way we communicate in person, that is how we should communicate online. It yields a more natural enviroment and not the hypocritical approach.

Maybe the idea of instant messaging isn't so healthy after all...my goodness even my 2 young brothers can flirt around using MSN messenger with unknown people. Since then I had limit their access to the internet and warn them not to play around with people they don't know. In my opinion, this virtual world actually doesn't really bring anyone closer together....most words are mere "words" that can be typed easily and are usually forgotten in matter of seconds!!(even though I actually mean what I type all the time).

Okay enough of IM can't wait for the game to begin....geesh why must all the interesting matches be held so late for us Malaysians?? Hahahaha....don't know why, even though I am full of support for Barca but just have this deep feeling Chelsea might just have the edge. I really don't like Chelsea, not because of their game play or what, no doubt they are a class act being very all rounded offensively and defensive but then, maybe I'll post up some news about their "works" later hahaha.....

No comments: