nuffnang

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

FOOD FOOD AND MORE FOOD! Especially those I like

Alrite I really really want to write about the topic I love the most!! Maybe write a poem about it or sing a song. But at this stage, i notice how little you can write about food but how much you can really eat it!! Hahahaha.

Lets start with spicy food! Truely Asian delight. I can openly admit that I can't live without spicy food and EVERYDAY!! I MEAN EVERYDAY!!! I'll have at least one meal with curry or chilly or anything spicy!! One of my favourite food with spices is "nasi lemak" which directly translated means oily rice. The rice is made from coconut extract instead of water and nice spicy part comes from the "sambal". A good sambal makes for a fantastic meal. Other spicy food I adore, CURRY!! LOTS OF CURRY!! Curry chicken, mutton curry, crab with curry........and I especially like home made curry. When I say home made I literally mean it, my mom and grandmother, they are SUPERB curry chefs!! Hahaha.

Besides that, stewed food catches my attention too. I like stewed pork (no offense to muslims yah) but frankly I like any meat associated with stewed recipe. And of course home cook is always the best. My granny is an expert in Hainan style stewed pork with black fungus and mushroom whereas my mother is good with stewed lamb. All in all, stewed stuff opens up my appetite and it makes me really hungry...YUMYUM!!!

In a way, Western food can sometimes be appealing but I don't like the idea of eating without rice. I am sure you can guess why I like curry and stewed stuff, they go very well with rice. So far, chicken chop, lamb chop, grilled ribs and all they are nice if taken once in a while and it's been almost a year since I've tasted it, hope to go for some quality western food soon....

Besides that, there are many variety of noodles out there. In Malaysia, we call it "mee". Pan Mee, Yee Mee, Hokkien Mee, spagetti and so forth. Generally I like mee, it's tasty and can be prepared with curry, soup, dry, fried...you name it! Besides that, it is easy to prepare a dish with mee and you can add anything u like according to your imagination and taste. So far, I've always enjoyed Seafood Mee with soup, totally delicious!

Okay before I end this section let me introduce my current favourite food, BKT ( Bak Kut Teh ). It's made of many herbs and spices with pork dipped into the soup. The secret to a good meal is of course the ingredients of the soup and the skill of chefs taking away the foul smell of pork especially the internal organs like intestine, stomach and so forth. So if any of you wants some good BKT, feel free to contact me hahaha.

I would really like to write more, seafood, exotic food but it seems my mind is pretty blank right now, maybe because I've not taken my dinner yet. Well that's basically what I can conjure out about food and mind you, I REALLY ENJOY FOOD!!!!!! So one piece of advice, don't waste your food and learn how to enjoy the food you have. If you don't like it think of the people who spend their time preparing it.

1 comment:

goldfries said...

ok

1. who said there's so little to write about food? it's in fact such a huge topic it's damn difficult to talk about a particular food without touching on other food.

2. i thought "nasi lemak" would be "fat rice". fat, not the describtion of a person's shape. oil would translate to minyak instead.

3. If you don't like it think of the people who spend their time preparing it. Well, if the food sucks then i couldn't be bothered.

4. it's sad to see how you could miss out seafood. :( Crabs are cool. i think i eat them twice a month. (and no, mentioning crab with curry does not equate to mentioning seafood)