nuffnang

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

False Alarm

For 1 whole day my dad was complaining that we cannot connect to the internet. So I called TMnet to find out the problem. Apparently they suspect I have a software related problem! I kind of agree with them as my DSL light is stable but I keep getting an error message. At night, after coming back from church, I tried it again but this time, even my house phone is not working. I even took out the socket from the wall to check if the wires are connected properly. Everything seems fine except for the fact our phone line is down. We have already paid all the bills to date so it can't be that our line got cut, and even if it is blocked we will still get a message asking us to pay the telephone bill.

Unable to use the internet, I watch a movie with my brother, "Kung Fu Hustle". Not really the type of movie I like, over exaggerated and too much computer animated scenes that looks fake. Anyway I watched it until about 2 a.m. and thought of the phone again. Picked up the phone and there you go, the tone is back. Then I switch on my ADSL modem and the lights are all stable again. Switch on the computer and to my surprise, I was able to connect to the internet again! Was quite happy because I've not set my Hattrick team yet and was abit worried that I might not train my top 2 winger, Joe Seng Huat and Aiman Wong. After connecting, I switch on my MSN and the first thing I get is to be teased by none other than Mr. Wesley. That's why I decided to change my MSN display since he like the picture so much.

Anyway, to conclude, TMnet was having problem around our area so they decided to fix it at night and there was when all the phone line went down. But I am surprised by the lack of information as the technician should be able to have such knowledge before concluding that my computer software is corrupted! I was actually beginning to worry I will not be able to book court on Thursday but truely, once again thank God for everything! Now I just have to find a way to counter Wesley's teasing. One of the best way is to help him develope his webpage. Mind isn't really functioning today as I made mistake after mistake to his template. Will try again later.

2 comments:

w3s said...

Wrong, I dun like tat pic so much..

Anyway, thanks 4 mentioning my name.. Cos there r no words 2 express my thankfulness unto u.. :p

J@cob & Anne said...

What to do ..have too lar..since ur the one full time coming out with ideas mar...rite rite??