nuffnang

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Oh Chelsea!!!

If u read my previous blog you'll notice that I actually predicted Chelsea to win, guess what!!! THEY DID!!! Even though Barcelona was the better team with 63% of ball possession!!!! Well I have to admit Barca deserves to win.

I cannot believe that the referee allowed the last goal as it was clear Calvalho was blocking Barca's keeper, Victor Valdez, when terry headed the ball. I am telling you, Chelsea is a lucky team, really really lucky. The match was pretty intriguing with Chelsea making use of their speedy counter attacks to score 3 goals during the first 19 minutes. I was totally shell shocked as I was watching the other live game, AC Milan and ManU, when they Chelsea scored the second and third goal. My dad and I couldn't believe the scoreline. So that game cought our interest and I wasn't dissapointed at all as Barca started to pile up the pressure and of course got a deserving goal from the spot kick after Feirrera handled the ball inside the penalty area. Pretty stupid penalty to be giving away in my opinion as there was not much of a threat yet inside. So up came Ronaldinho slotting home the ball even though Petr Cech got a fingertip to it.

I was really hoping for Barca to score another goal and WHAT A SUBLIME GOAL IT WAS!!! Totally vintage football as the runs of Barca's players and the clever chip of Ronaldinho totally fooled the keeper!!! Sheer class and quality one would put it, totally deserving! So there it goes with Barca keeping more than 60% of the ball knocking it around like child's play and not committing too quickly.

But then again, luck wasn't on their side as Terry headed home from a corner and our ref, Collina didn't spot the infringement on Valdez. It was clear Chelsea's bid to press Barca took a toll on the players and they looked tired at the end. But all in all a very good tactical play by Morinho side as they man marked players like Ronaldinho very well.

All in all a great game to watch with both teams relying on different tactics and in the end a win to Chelsea with an aggregate scoreline of 5-4 to book their slot into the next round. And as for MU, I was really hoping they would lose (Not a big fan of MU) and true enough Hernan Crespo!!! hahaha....don't ask me, I didn't witness the triumphant moment but I enjoyed the result very very much .

No comments: