nuffnang

Monday, September 26, 2005

Tyre puncture

Well, it is sort of weird, was just talking about Timo's bike and our little incident when something unexpected happens, yeah was driving my mom's car when BOOM!!! Her rear tyre cought some nails, don't ask me how that happened!

The BOOM sound happened yesterday while coming back from church at Jalan Travis, but upon checking, the tyre wasn't deflated, infact, I couldn't detect anything funny, and the car was working perfectly. The only thing that worried me is the sound the tyre when I move the car. My first thought was, maybe the suspension gave way? Since the tyre was still filled with air, or maybe something wrong with the brakes? But everything seems ok.

Was suppose to go out for a small gathering with a bunch of friends, but due to the problem, I've decided not to take any risk. So the plan was to send my mom to her office, and then send the car for a checkup.

Well, I had a quick look at that tyre again, everything seems ok, so I drove the car out and true enough the sound was still there. I tried to rush things abit when the sound suddenly dissapeared, but the car was hard to handle, felt like the tyre just deflated suddenly. True enough, slowed down, and a nice malay guy in a Waja honked me to warn me of it. At the traffic light, just opened the door to take a peep, AIKS!! Tyre was totally deflated. Wanted to stop there and then for a tyre change but because of the heavy traffic, and because the mechanic shop was just opposite the road, decided to drive slowly there and use their gears for the change.

Well thank God the spare tyre is fairly new, and after the change, just had to pump it up and get going again. Of course I later found out there were some nails INSIDE the tyre which was causing the funny sound.

Gotto be much more careful the next time I drive, you don't know how many nails there are out there...

No comments: