nuffnang

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Art Of LoOosing

I love playing competetive sports, badminton, football, futsal, and I usually play amongs my close friends. But one thing I've always notice about this type of games, some people cannot stand the taste of defeat, even if it is just a friendly game or so on! I have to admit too, was like this when I started playing football last time, always fighting hard(not literal fist fight) to win a game! Most of the time, I'll end up looking like;


It was years later I picked up badminton(due to encouragement from my dad). I was very very poor with badminton, so much so even aunties don't want to play with me. It was then I learn to humble and accept defeat, you know lar, losing even to aunties, very hurting wan. This made me even more determined to learn up the game, watch more video clips of international games, train hard, do this and that, and in the end, once again, aunties don't want to play with me, they complain they can't play against me, FINE! Must improve mar, play with men lor.

The sad thing is, some people I play with, do have this "I only want to WIN!" attitude, I mean, COME ON LAR! A game is still only a game, there can only be one winner and one loser. We all should learn how to take defeat, and also to take up challenges! I've seen players walking out because they know that they might lose a game(want muka), this is very bad though, try immagining what your counterpart will feel? It doesn't matter if he's better or worst than you, play your very best to enjoy!! You never know what will happen in a game;

And indeed, you never know that your weaker opponent might just beat you that day! So never look down on anyone! And even if you lose, don't show your frustration in an obvious manner(refer to picture above).

In a game, one of the best way to improve is constant practice, and of course, playing with better opponent. Heck, I've lost many games with egg results(15-0), yet the only thing one can do in such situation is to learn, learn, and learn.

I notice that a few of my friends(2 actually) started to pick up badminton lately, so just a piece of advice, play with me lar......PLEASE!!!!!! Like I say lor, it's ok to lose, just learn the ART OF LOOOOOOSING, be a graceful loser hehehe

NOTE: I'M REMINDING MYSELF TOO

1 comment:

J@cob & Anne said...

aiyah....i should have put loOsing..coz want to make the word lose LOOSE...u know..drag the O