nuffnang

Sunday, August 28, 2005

What Kind Of Friend?


Someone posted me a very interesting question the other day through MSN, asking me what do I think of him as a friend? I really don't know what irked him to ask such a question, but he's been going through really really hard times lately, you know I know lar what kind of hard times, and if you don't know, don't bother to ask, because it is not related to this topic.

Seriously though, no one is in any position to judge anyone else, no one at all except God. I mean, its not right also to comment about others, especially behind their backs or so forth, that is why I choose not to say a word when he asked me how I feel about him. I do have this failing too, being fast to judge, talk about others and so forth, but then again, as I grow older(not that old lar, just a figure of speech) I realize that it is just plain wrong for us to talk about others, what more people who treat you like close friend, you wouldn't know how much you'll hurt someone if they come to know that a close friend is talking behind them. So, a word of advice, try not to talk about others, even if you have something to share, do it infront of that person.

Anyway, back to this topic. Well, no doubt lar, he FFK(Fong Fei Kei = Let Go Aeroplane) me a few times, yet no matter what happens, he's still a friend. I do admit, I did talk about him, and I feel bad too, that is why I openly admit now lor, that I too have this failing, and that is why I took the next step trying to improve myself. You see, my friend here have some problems with, lets phrase the subject as, Boss, so he started asking me opinion about Boss. Though I have to admit, after hearing things from him and a few others, I do have bad bad impression of Boss, but somehow or another, I declined to comment anything and let my dear friend decide on things himself.

After a few weeks, this friend of mine came back with news of Boss and then posted me the question above(see picture). It seems, there are many things going on in his mind now, he's confused about Boss, he's having some conscience because he's lying to someone(don't ask me who), in short, one confused young man! Poor fellah, I do have my own opinion on how he should go around doing things, but then again, I rather keep my comments to myself and not think about it anymore, moreover, only HE will find out if his decision is a good or bad one at the end of the day.

Oh yeah, just to recap about the word FFK, fong fei kei, it is a cantonese word used to describe a person who.......

Okay my mind is a little bit stuck now, so let me paint you a story instead;
One day, A invited B to have lunch at a famous Dim Sum restaurant in Kuchai Lama(randomly picked area). B agreed and did all the arrangements he could to reach there on time even if it means going through some troubles. Later on, B notice that A invited a few others too and they happily waited for A in that restaurant.

It was about half an hour later when B decided that everyone was hungry and then ordered something light to eat first but not before trying countless times to contact A to no avail.

The group finnished eating and called A again, this time, A picks up the phone and claims he is in a far far away land(not that far lar, maybe 1 hour drive to Kuchai from that place). In the end, A didn't turn up

End of story......

Okay, a short story to illustrate the meaning of FFK. In that case, A is described as the person who FFK B and the bunch of friend. Anyway, FFK is not a proper word, as in, not found in the dictionary, so use it wisely...

1 comment:

J@cob & Anne said...

wah sei....looks who's trying to create some controversy here...

the most controversial manager in Hattrick history