nuffnang

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Friends?

I think this post is just a reply to my friend's post about true friends

Seriously, I don't think there's such term as "true friends". Oh just made me wonder, what does "TRUE FRIENDS" mean??
No entry found for true friends.

Did you mean reverends?
Suggestions:
reverends
reverend's
reverends'
referenda's


Okay didn't find the desired result, so now I'll search the word one by one;
True

    1. Consistent with fact or reality; not false or erroneous. See Synonyms at real1. See Usage Note at fact.
    2. Truthful.
  1. Real; genuine. See Synonyms at authentic.
  2. Reliable; accurate: a true prophecy.
  3. Faithful, as to a friend, vow, or cause; loyal. See Synonyms at faithful.
  4. Sincerely felt or expressed; unfeigned: true grief.
  5. Fundamental; essential: his true motive.
  6. Rightful; legitimate: the true heir.
  7. Exactly conforming to a rule, standard, or pattern: trying to sing true B.
  8. Accurately shaped or fitted: a true wheel.
  9. Accurately placed, delivered, or thrown.
  10. Quick and exact in sensing and responding.
  11. Determined with reference to the earth's axis, not the magnetic poles: true north.
  12. Conforming to the definitive criteria of a natural group; typical: The horseshoe crab is not a true crab.
  13. Narrowly particularized; highly specific: spoke of probity in the truest sense of the word.
  14. Computer Science. Indicating one of two possible values taken by a variable in Boolean logic or a binary device
Friends

  1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
  2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
  3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
  4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.
  5. Friend A member of the Society of Friends; a Quaker.



Alrite, here we go, the true meaning of "true friends". By the way, I don't understand a shit what it means. For me, I've only known people I've grown close too, so let me term them, "CLOSE FRIENDS". Close friends are those who can understand you well, vice versa, someone who share light moments with you, who helps you when you're down blah blah blah. These are the type of people I call "CLOSE FRIENDS". How many do "CLOSE FRIENDS" do I have? Not many I would say, I don't what to say now, I think I've just lost one close friend.

Another category of friend I would like to introduce is, "TRUSTED FRIEND". Though they sound alike, they are not alike. Trusted friends are friends you might not be really close too, but you can trust them 100%. You can trust them as a friend, not to talk bad about you nor talk behind your back. How many trusted friends do I have? Like I say, not many too because I'm a way too sceptical person to trust anyone that easily.

So seriously, I think Wes just thinks like me, there's not many around him he's close too or he can trust wholely that's all. My advice, the only one I should be close too and trust is God.

No comments: