nuffnang

Monday, August 15, 2005

EPL at LAST!

Wow, after a long layout, I finally enjoyed a night out with Wes at BRJ mamak watching an intriguing match between newly promoted Wigan and money flashing idiots filthy rich Chelsea. I was fully behind Wigan, with players like Francis and Camera catching my eyes, and their quick uselessundecisive counter attack missing dunno how many darn open goal but missing many chancesdue to lack of premiership experience.


Happy Crespo scores, but look at those poor Wigan fans

Well, to be frank, I don't really like Chelsea, not because of the team, but more like because they are too filthy rich, can't blame them for that can't we? Its just that they can afford to pay 20mill for a player worth less than 10mill. Anyway, the match was very interesting, with Wigan having the better chances I would say for the first half. But, as expected, Chelsea showed once again why they are a class act by totally dominating the second half. Beside some half chances that went begging at Wigan's side, Wigan slowly faded off, until the inevitable, Crespo broke my heart during the dying moments of injury time..

Before witnessing this game, I was at home watching Arsenal against Newcastle. Of course everyone would expect Arsenal to white wash the fading Newcastle, who is lacking in strike force. Tell you what, Arsenal performed like, shit? I don't know which word I should use, but even with one man advantage, yes Jenas was sent off for a bad tackle on Gilberto, they couldn't find a way past the very robust and determined Newcastle defense. For some reason, I think Wenger's philosophy on how to manage a team is abit too old fashioned, building a team on solely around a person, Henry, who clearly isn't performing now. In fact, the game changed when Van persie and Hlep was introduced, time for a change old man.

But nomatter how dissapointing their performance might be, they won, 2-0. Another team to watch this season, MU though I dislike them I've got to admit, they are pretty impressive against Everton. No further comments.

Oh yeah, I think I've found my favourite team this season, and its no other than the lowly Wigan.

No comments: