nuffnang

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Pepsi? Cola?

Just had this funny thought, whats the difference between Pepsi and Coca Cola. Lets start with their logo;



So the colour differential, Blue for Pepsi and Red for Coca Cola



So the obvious difference now is the colour. I've been a big fan of those 2 highly carbonated drinks for a long time. Both taste similar yet they are different, the only similarities is, the colour, no not the colour of the logo! But the colour of the drink.

I've tried asking a few people what do they think about


"Manufactured by 2 different companies, well but if u wan to knw whether it's effective againsts haze, i tried it n it sure is great!"

Seriously, they do taste different, but how different? Beats me off, I'm not going to sip here and there like a dog trying to distinctively separate the both of them. Seriously though, I do feel that Pepsi is way more aggressive with their advertisement. They use football stars like Beckham, Roberto Carlos, blah blah and even Honkie actors and actresses....


Get what I mean with aggressive advertising?

By the way, I'm also very impressed with Coca Cola, they are not as aggressive, yet they dominate a fair share of the market with their simply logo and of course tasty drink.



Oh by the way, I've just cought hold of Pepsi's advertising strategy. It seems they've gone for a more conservative approach. I first heard of this wind from Suemitra who told me, her mom fed Pepsi with Coca Cola because of the bad weather.



There you go, let me introduce "Pepsi" who so happen, forced to drink, "Coke"

1 comment:

Salo said...

Pepsi has more sugar in it, which makes all the differences in the "Pepsi Challenge" - where people from street are taken to sample two same looking glasses, the other having Pepsi and other Coke (they are both colas - the official name of Pepsi is "Pepsi-Cola", just see the small print). Pepsi usually wins, because it tastes sweeter. However, because Coke has less sugar, it is usually (subconciously) seleced when thirst drink is needed. It also attracts people with less sweet tooth.

Personally, I like Pepsi.