nuffnang

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bi Updates

Here are my "Bi Updates"
New Word = "Bi Updates"
Since getting my trusty KHS bike, I've pimped it up a little. Well, upgrading your bike is fun, as you have something to look forward to.

1st buy, of course safety is utmost important, I got a helmet right away. It is a SARS helmet (sounds familiar doesn't it?).

2nd Due to my relatively small bicycle frame, a 52inch one, I find it hard to pedal as my leg would arch too much, thus affecting my hill climb kung fu (had to meditate extra long to conquer a 1km hill). Thus came along the bontrager raceXlite carbon seat post, FUYOOOH!!!!! Yeah, Improved a lot since then.
3rd, a cyclometer was impossible to live without (though I actually managed to live without it for 2 months), thus the cateye STRADA got engraved at my stem. Not bad right? hit 530km in 2 months time. A cyclometer is for me to pace myself, and encourage myself to go further (although most of the time its pretty discouraging). Yeah, it helps measure, distance, total distance, time elapse, average speed, maximum speed, and it shows you the current time.
4th, New handlebars! Top is my old one, bottom is my new one.......... Helped reduce overall bicycle weight and increase comfort. The new one is almost 2 inches wider, suites my big body frame better!
Ahh, thanks to uncle mike, I've been introduced to CLIPLESSNESS!!!! Of course suffered a few minor falls, and 1 major one, but its terribly worth it!
And of course the cliplessness shoes hehehe that's my 5th and 6th item
7th NEW WHEELS!!!!!
nice or not??? that's the old one la

Below is the new one!!! its a Mavic Aksium I posted about here. That's the rear wheel;
followed by the front wheel (just for your information ya)
That's all, I've pimped my bike to the fullest in a short time, so for the next couple of months, my aim is to rake up at least a millenia of KMs

No comments: