nuffnang

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Guitar

I like guitar very much, and I guess its an inheritance from my dad, he loves it too! The first ever guitar which I've laid hands on (a very good quality 12 string acoustic Yamaha) ended up in two pieces, literally when my cousin and I sat on the neck and broke it. Can't blame us you know, we were just 3-5 years old then, in fact, I don't even remember that incident.

It was years later when my dad bought his next guitar, a very lovable Hofma which I learn my very first chord;



Dad was very nice, he bought some basic guitar guide for me, and hence, I learn it myself, slowly but surely, got hooked to it. Hrm, I guess the most important think about playing the guitar is the ability to "feel" the song, practice, have a good ear, practice, good hand coordination, more practice and finally even more practice! Not that I'm a good player, but I do enjoy playing it alot, and best thing of all, you can always strife to improve.

One thing for sure, when it comes to taking care of things, I really need to improve. you might not notice it, but, well something is missing, something important!



So, you must be wondering how in the world the guitar is tuned? Hrmmm, too bad my camera is out of battery now, maybe in the next post or two I'll provide some clue.

After a few years of trying things out myself, I notice that maybe I've reached the limit of what one can do without proper guidance, hence I started searching online for some guide to improve. Found a few, but the one that I got stuck to is, guitar.about.com. Of course that helped me abit, not much but still, a little bit more.

I actually would like to learn how to play the classical guitar. Well who knows, in the near future, I'll be able to learn it in a formal manner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing the guitar.about.com website