nuffnang

Saturday, October 29, 2005

College BooBoo Again

I was in the company the other day, just before penning the signature the work there as a trainee(even though I am not a very qualified programmer) for 3 months before plunging into the degree course in E & E Engineering(Electrical and Electrical)(told you I am not a qualified programmer) when this call came from "000";

000: Hello this is Jimmy from Informatics.

Me: Hello Jimmy, anything??

000: Yes Jacob right? I just received your offer letter from USQ and I am SO SHOCKED!!!!

Me: They rejected me??(Sarcasticly)

000: NONO(laughing) But I am still very shocked!(Obviously he was) You've got offer letter for semester 3 starting third of November.

Me: WHAT!!!! But I CAN'T!!!! I THOUGHT YOU SAY THAT REGISTRATION FOR SEMESTER 3 IS OVER ALREADY!!!!!

000: YES YES YES!!! That is why I am so shocked. So do you want to take semester 3??

Me: Obviously I can't! So can you please register me for sem 1?

000: Errr, so do you want to start semester 3??

Me: No I can't!

000: But why not?

(stories continue for about 4-5 minutes with him trying to explain to me about semester 3, coaxing me to take it up)

Me: Would it be ok if you resubmit so that I can take semester 1 instead?

000: No no problem at all...

Me: Aha, so I guess I'll register for Semester 1 2005 OK??

000: Okay shouldn't be a problem I guess

Me: Then can you do it?

000: Sure thank you.......

Darn, almost 10 minutes of talk for NOTHING!!!

4 comments:

Eng said...

huh???
you can't do Sem 3 but can do Sem 1?? I'm totally lost!!!!

w3s said...

He can do both semester.

Just that he opted for Semester 1 next year instead of semester 3 this year.

J@cob & Anne said...

nono....not that...i dowan to do a sem that u'll have to self study...sem3 is the shortest sem of the year..thus there are no tutorial classes

Anonymous said...

This means that he can do Sem 3 by taking Sem 1 although Sem 2 was taken before the taking of Sem 3 which was to have been taken before Sem 1 but after completing Sem 2 of the year before the year of completion for Sem 3.