nuffnang

Monday, April 04, 2005

The Best/Worst Memory?? The Friendship Mark

Hrmmm......about this post, I'll have to introduce you to my friend Philip. Sorry I don't have a good picture of him. He is Danl's brother and yeah, they look alike even with a big age gap. I've known himi since our young days, so I'll just recap what happened, I mean the BEST or should I say THE WORST memory during my childhood days. Actually I would like to thank both Wes and Lip(Philip) for helping me to remember the incident.

I was about 4-5 years old that time. Lip is 1 year my junior. Can't really remember the location but we used to go to a church in NewTown PJ. The services were short and we usually play during and after service. All sorts of game we'll play, hide and seek, catching catching... and many more. I cannot really remember what game Lip and I were playing then but it involved alot of jumping. It is something like both of us jumping in a circle. After a while I got bored and turned away. Lip climb the chair and wanted to play "Superman!". Anyway "Superman" is not really a game, just a term we use when we want to have the feel of flight, jump from a higher ground to a lower ground. Anything from a cupboard to a stack of chair can be considered as a stepping stone for this cheap thrill, small kids game. Okay back to the "incident". So Lip climb up the chair and wanted to jump. Somehow or another he jumped at my direction. So that's the time he shouted my name, "JACOB!!!!!". I turned back and remembered a cute face with wide opened mouth and 2 front teeth, abit like rabbit's teeth, BANNNGGG!!!!! He landed on me.

His 2 little rabbit teeth sank into my forehead. He fell down and started crying. I can clearly remember going towards him asking him, "Lip! Are youi OKAY??". He pointed his fingers at me and cried and cried and cried. My first impression was that he is blamming me for this mishap. But later on, one uncle started pointing at my forehead. That's when I felt a thick liquid covering flowing down and covered my eyes. I tried to wipe it off thinking it was sweat but it kept flowing and flowing. My parents were alerted and they quickly lay me down on the floor hoping to stop the bleeding. Quickly they send me to a nearby clinic and I received a few stitches, can't really remember how many. Because of that I had the luxury of skipping school for a week until the stitches were removed.

Poor Lip, he lost his 2 front teeth due to that incident. And yes he remembers loosing his 2 front teeth for a very long time! Till today, the picture of that cute face with his rabbit teeth shouting my name mid air is embedded deeply into my memory bank. Besides that, the little scare I received is still there. I can feel it everytime i scratch my forehead or rub it. So once again THANKS LIP!! For the friendship mark you gave me!!

Anyway just a little about Lip. He's totally outgrown me (not physically though, I'm still taller). He is way more matured than me trying to woo girls at the tender age of 14, I think ( most probably much much ealier ). Anyway, thanks to the guidance of his older brother and mother, he decided not to take that plunge and so, I still feel comfortable being with him. REMEMBER DUDE!! Your teeth mark's on my forehead...shucks I can't remove it!! haha....I guess that makes me to be like your older brother.

No comments: