nuffnang

Monday, July 04, 2005

Another Graphics Card

As "UN"expected, our graphics card started to give problems again! So this time, my dad decided to get another one. He was so enthusiastic he actually wanted to get a 128mb card!!! That wouldn't be bad at all of course, it'll work even when we upgrade our PC next time. With this is mind, he embarked on a solo mission to Lowyat Plaza and started enquiring. One of the shop owner(not sure what shop) was kind enough to explain to him that a 128 card might not neccessarily be supported by our motherboard(poo poo fellah), so he introduced a 64mb card instead. When I heard that news, my reaction was like, "Oh true also lar."

Little did I know, dad actually bought quite a good one! ATI Radeon 7000! In fact, it was so good our motherboard could't fully support it!!!!

Thanks dad, really love it!

Too bad the computer will hang if I try to stress the card too much! Darn useless motherboard. So, I had no choice but to use an older driver, cut down on performance, and let it run like it's a 32mb card(what a waste isn't it?). Nevertheless, good card.

I've been trying hard to find replacement parts for my project, all the parts and chips I need couldn't be found. So in the end, I've decided to simplify the circuit, use a TRIAC instead of the more reliable 6-pin microsoft chip, and of course, remove certain safety components(hope it doesn't blow up). It took me hours of thinking, calculating the risk, calculating the humiliation, but it was actually 12a.m., Sunday morning, while talking on the phone with a friend, I've decided to take the huge "Risk".

By the way, made another blunder by buying the wrong type of paper. Was suppose to get the "toner transferable paper" and a transparency, but I totally forgot about the toner transferable paper(TTP). Darn, had to delay my project again. You see, the circuit has been drawn on a 1:1 scale, all I have to do is to print the circuit on the TTP and scratch it on the board and then etch it. The transparency is to print out the drill bit diagram which I prepared so that we can drill the hold more accurately.

The weather today is lovely! And I'm pretty happy because cool contact won yesterday! It was something unexpected as my midfielders were all very low in form. Looks like wing training is starting to bear fruits as now I have 1 supernatural winger, 1 world class winger, 1 magnificient winger, and 1 formidable with outstanding playmaking winger! WOOHOO!!! What made the victory sweeter was the fact that the opponent scored first, but the final score is 4-1!

Okay, back to my project, will try to post a few pictures regarding it the next time...

No comments: