nuffnang

Thursday, May 26, 2005

At last

Aha, the new casing, yeah I know, it's only a simple design, but hei! My dad LOVES IT!! It comes with a 450Watt power supply and I can just fit in my P3 motherboard easily. Yeah the assembly was a snap. One reason why my dad chose this casing was because of it's colour! Yeah, he says it suites the AVR he brought back

Yeah, not bad eh? The AVR has 3 ports supplying constant 230Volts of electricity, optimum for the PSU, and my monitor. The other port is still empty, thinking of using it for the printer. But the next headache will be, which printer to plug it too? The laserjet or the inkjet? Any idea?

The back of the casing, too bad I wont be able to display the lights from my fan externally. If you can observe, yes the cables are very very messy! Too many cables flying here there making my head spin and thus I've decided to clean it up after finnishing this post. The casing is pretty good, with good air ventilation. They've produce holes on top of the casing, which of course I didn't know why but after carefully monitoring the heat and so forth, I notice that even without the extractor fans, the temperature is still resonably low, in fact, it makes almost NO difference with or without the fans. But in the end, I've decided to fit both the fans inside, one for air intake and the other to extract the air.

The main problem would still be the graphics card. Went to check out whether my previous spoilt one is ready, but to no avail. The current card is giving out signal, "I'm almost doomed" and the heat sink is broken. Anyway, will just be hoping it will hold up long enough for the replacement.

1 comment:

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by the author.