nuffnang

Monday, May 16, 2005

Computer Trouble


Well well well, my faithful computer has been plagued by a disease lately. I don't know what to call it exactly but maybe in simplier terms, it went "blind". Darn graphics card just had to go. What made things worst is that, the supposedly trusty computer took out 2 graphics card in 2 days!! What a discovery, a PC that is "graphics card" hungry.
This is the second card that went "Kaput". The first wan is a gForce 2 with 64mb memory by nVidia. Bought it cheap last time and lasted me for about 6 months only!! Well good thing it is still under waranty, that's why I insist it be taken back to the manufacturers even though it can be fixed with a simple change of capacitor. So now I am currently using a older 32mb card borrowed from James' computer. The heatsink fan for his card wasn't working, so I had to remove it and place an extractor fan near the card. If you were to enlarge the picture on top you will get what I mean.

I've decided to add another fan at the side. Main reason for that? Mostly cosmetic issues, I like the lights. But it is good also to make sure your computer does not overheat. Anyway, it wasn't easy the pass few days, as dad needed to use the computer and he, being pretty much a newbie to coms, was abit frustrated that the monitor didn't work. He pretty much wanted it to be fixed the very same day, but there's nothing i can do about the graphics card. Thank God, truely nothing happen by chance. Just a day before, Sean and Jane(the happily married couple) gave me their used PC and an extra graphics card to go with it. So I took the new graphics card and replaced it, works just fine! But after a day, there it goes again.........almost identical problem, but more like the initial stages. Symptoms start arising and after a while, GONE. No choice, had to call James(whom I gave the spare PC to) and steal his graphics card. Good thing his computer has integrated graphics, and he doesn't play games, so having quality graphics will not be an issue. By the way, using his AGP card is just temporary as I will be switching back to the original one after it is fixed properly. Sorry James.

Well I tried using back my old motherboard because it has integrated graphics but it doesn't seems to work! Wasted almost an hour of effort removing all the cards, unplugging the cables, shifting the CPU and so forth. So in the end, an extra hour was needed to change back to my old motherboard. By the way, everything is working fine now and thank God my dad is satisfied that he can suft the net once more. Well my aunty just called, apparently she's got StreamyX now and she wants me to teach her how to surf the net. Hrmm...I smell some extra complications coming up next! Or maybe not, just have to teach her children, aged 7 and above to use the computer properly. But on third thought, I'd better becareful....it seems they've even mutilated the keyboard once! Alright, let your imagination run now........

5 comments:

AsianGirlinLove said...

lolz so now if i have any comp problems i should ask u? =] ♥Mun

AsianGirlinLove said...

Omgoshiesss u dunno who Jay Chou is??? shame on u!!! Jay Chou is the bestest singer ever i love him haha i would do anything for a kiss on the cheek or a hug from him hahaha ♥Mun

w3s said...

Wow! Didn't know Jay Chou would be considered as 'Bestest' singer..

Anyway, he is quite famous for his composing of songs + singing his songs in a different manner, it sounded as though he is speaking in tongue.. But its just his unique way of singing by not singing the lyrics clearly..

J@cob & Anne said...

haha...wow wes..thanx for the description

Jason Choo said...

my blog got a link to jay chou's fan page.....if u wanna noe more u can click on it.....: )