nuffnang

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

BBCC Hunt

Wow it took 8 cups of cendols and black jelly to satisfy the thirst of 4 person! Yes I will not hide the truth I mean evidence. The gulping down of glass after glass of water is done merely by, my dad, small James, Wesley and I. Not bad, we went to 3 places in a time span of about 3-4 hours and gulp down more than 10 cups of drink. The first stop was PJ old town, a very very old foodcourt called "Medan Selera". Okay I think I'll make a count of the number of drinks we took. 1st stop, all together 8 cups.

Our main aim going there was actually to get a grip of aunty's famous BBCC, BoBo ChaCha or more known as MongMong ChaCha(blur blur) to my father. Dad was so dissapointed as the lady, hiding her face politely told us, "Sorry lar James, sold all already lar, I know you came here for that, and that is why I hide my face."

So we substituted it with cendol, lots of cendol. While enjoying the cendol, dad suddenly got excited and exclaimed, "I know a place! The BBCC is almost as good as here!!!"

That got us excited too and we waited for a reply. "PJ NewTown! The building same row as A&W but all the way the other end!"

Yeah! We got it!! So after a that we headed straight there, hoping for some good BBCC. Of course, the excitement got into us, we hurried there and guess wat! Woo so many people there! Must be good! RIGHT?? Wrong, apparently the woman operating the shop passed away 2 years ago and the whole segment, including a stall selling fried mee and so forth, closed down too. We settled down quickly and went for another round of drinks. Dad, James and Wes ordered Coke while I went for Ice Kacang. Well the Ice Kacang looks good but the taste? Nah....not up to my expectation.

So it was there Wes started talking about alot of things to my dad and well, being a very experienced father and a good listener, my dad just answered Wes as he feels appropriate. Of course I myself learn alot of things too from such conversation, especially this part, "Don't be quick to judge...Always look at yourself first!". Oh how true, and how much others have misunderstand my dad just because he is a happy go lucky guy and just because he is always out to find the TRUTH. I guess some people just can't live without their EGO once in a while, even if my dad makes a mistake, he is always ready to accept it and apologize to the other party, now that is one good example, and he's not afraid to admit it even infront of his own children.

Okay before I forget, lets continue the cup count. For this pit stop, we generated a total of 4 cups, 3 coke and 1 Ice Kacang. So in total, 8 + 4 = 12.

The weather wasn't that friendly, humid and hot, made things uncomfortable for us. So we decided to head to A&W for extra drinks and some waffles. Now that's more like it, air conditioned and clean. So we continue to talk with RootBeer and waffles on our table. Next cup count, 5 RootBeer, and that makes a total of? 12 + 5 = 17cups!!! 17 cups in 3 hours! Not bad eh?

I really lost track of time then, didn't really know what time we started and what time we ended but it was really fun, running around looking for BBCC and end up with waffles and Rootbeer. Maybe when any of you reading this goes out next time, try running around different venue, it's FUN!!!

By the way, I believe Wesley will surely blog about such events and most probably he'll add some very good commments too.....go ahead, visit it here

No comments: