nuffnang

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Vogue Cafe

This is another late late post.

Anne and I took the opportunity of an AGM meeting on Friday night to pay a visit to Vogue Cafe, located inside Renaissance Hotel.

I've got a free dinner voucher for 2, so it is time to fatten up!

Seriously though, the food is nothing to shout about, most of the main dishes were cold and not appetising, so I'll not go in depth.

I wanted to start with some light stuff, but their starters wasn't that appealing to me, too westernised. So jumped straight into the main course. Took very little rice to go with the lamb gravy, tasted alright, I'd give 5/10 for the main course.

The Japanese selection were way better, the California rolls are prepared on demand, the sashimis and sushis were fresh, the mussels and oyster were also good. Due to fears of aphrodisiac-ness of oysters, I only consume 2, mixed with lemon juice and a tinge of Tabasco sauce. Up to this point, Anne and I were too busy eating to be snapping pictures, better rating at 8/10

One of the best option we had was Caesar Salad, we threw in extra bacon and cheese to spice things up, and it tasted heaven! MUAHAHAHA !)?!) ... opps 10/10

The deserts I had to say were by far the better lineup. By now, we were so filled up, we took time out and snapped some pictures
Main course
Desert 1
Desert 2

We had a great time, its fun to get out once in a while and enjoy free food! A minor advice for those who wish to dine at a buffet dinner;

"Take public transport, it forces you to walk and thus helps digestion!"

Outside the monorail station

Sorry for the lack of visual evidence, and yeah, I suffered terrible diarrhea the next couple of days, not sure if it was this buffet or not :p

2 comments:

@nn3 said...

hehe had so much to eat yet when I weigh i lost 0.5kg hehe must be the swimming the day before..:)

J@cob & Anne said...

hehehe yes ah dear?? hehehe sure boh lost 0.5kg?? u got weighing machine at home meh?