nuffnang

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Day Trip to Gabai

A group of us, 6 in total, Danl, John, Rachel, Uncle Vincent, Eman, and me had a nice slow leisure cycle to Gabai waterfalls from Cheras. It was time for uncle vincent to unveil his latest installment to his ever changing bicycle. New handlebar (carbon), new bar ends (also carbon), new Stem (alloy) , new speedometer, and new brakes, WOW!!!!! I've only gotten new brake pads since the update......

My Bike
Uncle Vincent's bike

Just a shot of my bike and uncle vincent's bike.....

As usual, we started out from Justus' house, apparently, justus had to do gardening (what he claims) at PD (from what I hear), thus he was unable to join us newbies; and headed up Ampang Hill towards the lookout point. This is my 3rd time going through this hill, and a first for me doing it without stopping, averaging 13.7kmh.
This picture clearly shows Eman as the last rider reaching the peak, though he tried to claim otherwise, John was just a few seconds infront of him. Well poor john, his first ride up with a racer, and suffered he did.
That is where he suffered
His back aching la! He still pushed on though, kudus to John!
Eman with his "Mr. Sub" mountain bike. He's using a rollerblade helmet, cool eh?
Daniel and Rachel taking a breather

After the ampang hills, it was downhill, this time around, I hit my personal best of 67.4kmh. Really could have done 70, but had to react fast as my bottle cage became loose and fell off. Thank God managed to catch the bottle in time, and had to ride down with only 1 hand, the other wan holding the bottle.

We took a leisure ride, averaging 25kmh at ulu langat going towards Gabai. After a while, it dawned upon us that EMAN IS MISSING!! So we stopped and waited about 5 minutes, apparently, his chain fell off (better than crank falling off)

Where's EMAN!!!!
The ride was pretty much routine, except the part when a little malay girl, riding a racer stopped and fell down, she forgot to unclip her shoes...OUCH!!!!

After about 28km of cycling, we reached Gabai waterfalls. We were greeted with fleets of cars parked by the road side, and a group of friends who travelled by car, which include, Wesley, Mavis, Joanne, Katherina, Brian and last but not least, my lovely girlfriend, Anne.

Anne and I had a nice natural foot massage;
While Wesley and Mavis were enjoying themselves by..... enjoying themselves
Most people enjoy themself with food, same can be said here.

Anne and I later made the climb to the peak of the waterfalls, there were alot of people there, some were even cooking!
Of course I couldn't resist the temptation of trying out the natural slide, DON'T LAUGH!!!

After that, it was a routine ride towards Cheras. The hardest part was the Ampang hill again!! Made another personal record when I only stopped once to wait for uncle vincent and Rachel, right.... was actually tired too hehe. I think we waited almost 1/2 hour for Eman and John, yeah this time Eman beat John to the peak, I guess his back ache isn't a fake at all!

He neede help getting up! Poor John.......

Left shortly afterwards, nothing interesting happened, except when Uncle Vincent's chain fell off.
Well that's about it, a wonderful < 60km ride

On the other note, Anne and I noticed how much cycling can help you loose weight!

BEFORE (img courtesy of Jus where he tagged her as "Queen of Ulu Langat"):
And AFTER:


Interested? Do not call me, I don't have the authority to reveal other people's personal information! hahaha

No comments: