nuffnang

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A shipwreck experience

True enough, there's a huge relief from work, as finally, I feel much more free, so much so there was this urge to pen down a story.

It happened long long time ago when you or I wasn't even existing, maybe during our granpa granma, or ah pek and ah lians time, oh sorry, nowadays oso got ah peks and ah lians and ah bengs and so forth, anyway, it happened at a time when Yap Ah Loy was buzy exploring the world, oh shit was it Yap Ah Loy? Oh no, forgot what was that fellah's name, the one who visited Melaka and got Cilaka"ed".

Alright, now next up was this young man by the name of Ah Tan, who like travelling alot. His dad own a fishing boat, a junk actually, you know those boat with flat bottom and very high tech sails? Yeap those were the days, anyway, I made up the fishing part, I am not sure myself if junks were used for fishing. So one day, he decided to earn his own money by doing small small things like, designing more efficient fishing nets, or thinking of ways to curi tulang, or develope ways to make better Milo drink.

One fine day, while out fishing(one again I have to clarify that it might not be fishing), a HUGE THUNDERSTORM hit and overturned his boat. Winds gushed mightily breaking the sails at first. So mighty was the storm that his hi-tech sails that were suppose to withstand even the strongest wind couldn't bear it anymore. The storm was almost similar to the one in the movie "Perfect Storm". Ah Tan, being the main character of this story, survived of course, hanging by some broken wood for his life.

Three days pass when a HUGE boat appeared our of nowhere. The kind captain offered Ah Tan help by sacrificing one of his small emergency boat. Ah Tan was bemused, "Can't I just follow your crew to land?"

The captain replied, "I would like to, but we are sailing aimlessly at this particular ocean too, so I suggest you take the small boat with a little bit of supply and, GOOD LUCK!"

With that, Ah Tan set off wondering in the little boat. Another day passed when he he came across another boat. This time, the captain offered him a compass and guide back to his homeland.

Ah Tan was of coursed very very happy, and in no time at all, found his homeland.

Sorry for the boring story, so happen it reflected my situation working. Well you see, boss wanted me to add something in BTS(some module la) and it is common knowledge amongs the programmers in our office that, trying to decode BTS is liken to being shipwrecked in the ocean. The person who coded it, well left the company and a HUGE headache for anyone who tried to take over.

But thanks to one of our senior, who stopped by and provided the little rescue boat, managed to find the little part that needed extras, but still I was stuck. Then came another senior, offering his compass and at last, I'M DONE!!!!

Well working in a field where you are not familiar with really takes alot of patience, not from our part, but from the seniors who need to spend time listening to your questions and answering them without confusing you too much. Well I think I overdid it, so much so one of our senior left the company almost exactly one month after I officially join.

Anyway, was expecting a company lunch tomorrow, but once again, posponed(second time) to next Monday. Seriously though, I'm expecting oysters, clamps, lots of seafood, in short, A SUPERB BUFFET!!! But once again, I can only tell myself, "Dream on boy, dream on....."

8 comments:

Eng said...

seems like you were referring to me... but I did not leave Hesper because of you ok...

dun worry... you're not as annoying as you think or you claimed...

but come to think of it, you are the most annoying junior I've ever had.... no hard feelings, muahahahaha

J@cob & Anne said...

hrmm..ur words are pretty......confusing..

on one hand
"dun worry... you're not as annoying as you think or you claimed..."

and on the other hand
"you are the mosta nnoying junior i've ever had...."

hehe...

ur good...that's why ur my senior and that's y i bug u so much! hahahaha

Eng said...

you bug me, I debug you...
simple as that... hehehehe

J@cob & Anne said...

haha..alrite..there will come a time that even the best debugger can't fix a bug...:p

w3s said...

......

J@cob & Anne said...

first time wee goes

"...."

Eng said...

hhhmmmm....????!!!!

J@cob & Anne said...

as in...."...." = speechless

hahaha.....