nuffnang

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Crazy night

The past few hours seems surreal to me, it was like a play, acted right before my very eyes. So often I've watched movies, and never comprehended how it is like to lose a close friend, what more, my girl friend's father.

Just last night, her family was bubbling, waiting for his return home, something he has long yearns for since being hospitalised a week ago, yet, our Almighty God has his plans for him, his discharge was held up because of his physical condition, and there were moments I thought he had passed out and needed some medical attention.

It all started yesterday evening, when Anne and I drove to UH to discharge her father, after the paper works were done, we wheeled up a wheelchair for him, and thought he could walk on his own. Upon standing, he immediately collapsed, thank God uncle Chong and I were there to help him. His face turned pale, his voice was breaking, yet he stood firm wanting to be home. None of us understands his demand, and we needed the doctor to advice him against his will. After some persuasion, he oblige, and his wife agreed to stay the night with him.

So Anne and I went home to pack a little stuff, sent it to the hospital, and went home for our night sleep.

It was 3am when Anne woke me up, she said her mother sounded desperate and wished for us to be in the hospital. We rushed there, to be greeted with tears, and a body, lying peacefully. Aunt Geraldine (Anne's Mom) had a hard time accepting the news, so much so she wept every time she glances his body. My heart sank, I pulled her out and seated her at the couch nearby, she cried and cried, until her family members were all there to console her.

Anne was strong the whole time, her emotions were kept bare minimum, she shed a tear or two, signs of her love for her father.

I took time to speak to the doctor in charge. It seems his heart has suffered multiple minor heart attacks, what's more, his diabetic condition, and water retention did nothing but compounded the problem. They've tried everything they could, medication, everything to increase his fledging heart beat, a mere 30 bps was not enough for blood to circulate the whole body, no wonder he suffered mild hallucination, disorientation and sudden outburst.

I'm glad his family has come to accept his departure, my prayers are there for them.

6 comments:

@nn3 said...

thanks alot dear for your all your help..could not have done it without you and your family's help ya...really appreciate it from my heart

J@cob & Anne said...

its ok dear, i'll always try to be there for u

Eman said...

ME too. =P

J@cob & Anne said...

SHYTE!!!! go find ur own gf EMAN! lol

Prudence Elektra said...

Hahaha. His comment must have been spam too :P. Hey Jacob, all in the name of fun, when you gonna pop the question? Heheheh..

J@cob & Anne said...

When i'm ready